The Ridgway Library does not monitor and has no control over information access through the Internet and cannot be held responsible for its content. As with other library materials, restriction of a child’s access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent.
- Books – Twenty (20) per card
- Audio Books – Six (6) per card
- DVD’s – Six (6) per card
- New Books – Six (6) per card
- Periodicals – Six (6) per card
All materials can be renewed up to two (2) times. No item may be renewed if it is on reserve for another patron.
Interlibrary Loans: $1.00 per day per item. No grace period.
Lost or Damaged Materials: Patrons are responsible for all materials charged to their library card. Materials are declared lost ninety (90) days after date due. Replacement cost will be based on the original price of the item, if available. If the item is out of print, library staff will estimate replacement cost based on current prices. A $5.00 processing fee will be applied to each replacement item.
Patrons may initiate Interlibrary Loan requests in two (2) ways:
1. Request Interlibrary forms at the Circulation Desk. Return the completed forms. A staff member will locate and order your requested materials.
2. Patron may locate and request items through Colorado Virtual Library (CVL) directly. A CVL account must be created by Ridgway Public Library staff prior to submitting requests. After this account is created you may order your Interlibrary Loan materials directly using: SWIFT
- Login using your Ridgway Public Library card number
- Enter your last name in all CAPS
- Select Ridgway Public Library District
- You may now locate and place your request
After a loan request has been submitted to a lending institution, the patron is responsible for all loan charges, even if the patron cancels the request for the interlibrary loan or does not pick it up after notification. Interlibrary loan materials will be held for seven (7) working days after the patron has been notified that the material has arrived. On the eighth (8th) day the material will be returned to the lending institution.
Overdue fines for Interlibrary Loan materials are $1.00 per day per item. No Grace period.
To receive a library card you must present photo identification and documentation of your current local mailing address. Documentation may include:
If you cannot provide proof of current mailing address your library card will be mailed to you. You may checkout one (1) item and access the library computers while waiting for your library card to arrive.
By signing the library card the applicant agrees to:
Children under sixteen (16) years of age may receive their own library card with the permission of their parent or guardian. A parent or guardian’s signature on a child’s application form is required and constitutes his/her permission for the child to have a card and signifies a willingness to assume responsibility for all materials checked out on the child’s card.
GUEST CARD may be issued to a Non-Colorado resident visiting the Ridgway area. Photo Identification, local address, home address, and a $10.00 library card fee are required. GUEST card is valid for one year.
COLORADO LIBRARY CARD (CLC) participants with a current library card from any library in Colorado and a valid picture ID may receive a Ridgway Library card.